Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday March 16, 2005 at 04:49
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
Intermission mode on...

"Oh my, yes, I haven't seen one of these in years. If I remember my antique technology guides correctly, it was an electronic device used to manually control household appliances, such as two-dimensional picture boxes, magnetic tape medium recorders and electric fireplaces. You see, this sheet of glass would display crude colorless symbols telling you what you'd actually be doing if you actuated it; this was all well before cranial implants became standard, of course. In fact you'd actually need to point it right at the item you were controlling, I don't think you could get more than 5 or 10 feet away from it - laughable - although that was indeed an improvement from the first models that tethered you directly to what you were trying to operate! I see you've also brought along the manual - in mint unused condition - and an old coaster with some sort of customizing program on it... I don't think that's going to be of much use these days, unless you can somehow find a computer as old as this is to run it on! Well, I suppose we come to what it's worth - have you had it appraised? No? Well, it's fairly rare to come across one of these in such good physical condition, and the old technology nick nack segment is becoming quite popular these days, for restaurant decoration, collages and the like, so I think if one were to come up at a well-advertised auction with the right buyers it should fetch upwards of - oh my, did it just turn off the camera?"

Hosting Services by ipHouse