The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday August 6, 2004 at 22:26
GreySkies
Long Time Member
April 2004
Yesterday or the day before, I saw a link to a PDF on Pioneer's website that listed Pronto Hex codes for one of their Elite receivers. It's probable that other similar documents exist. I tried to search for it again-- I think the link had to be either here or over at avsforum. I was able to see the document, so I know it exists.

FWIW, there were a couple of codes that I had to learn from my Pioneer remote (VSX-D850). It took several tries to learn. I found the best results came when I held the remotes about four inches apart and used two hands to hold the Pioneer remote perfectly still (one hand holding the remote, the other pressing the button).

EDIT: Mea culpa-- the pdf about which I wrote was for a Hitachi monitor. My apologies.

Additionally, to the best of my knowlege, the only discretes that exist for Pioneer receivers are:
Power On
Power Off
Mute On
Mute Off
Input Sat/TV
Input DVD/LD
Input CD
Input MD/Tape1
Input VCR
Input VCR2
Tape Monitor
Loudness On (I haven't tried)
Loudness Off (I haven't tried)

There are no discretes for any of the soundfields. There may be a way to work around this by setting the receiver to 'Standard' which, I think, can be accomplished with a combination of the DD/DTS and DSP buttons on the original remote. Note that I haven't tried this as I haven't found the need to do so yet.

I don't believe that Pioneer has changed any of their IR frequencies or codes-- the non-programmable remote for my 10 year old Pro Logic receiver works very well with my current receiver. If you let me know the specific buttons/commands with which you are having trouble, I'll post the codes that're in my Pronto. Note that the discretes I have are the discretes that are already in the discrete section here.

This message was edited by GreySkies on 08/06/04 23:16.

Hosting Services by ipHouse