The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday April 29, 2005 at 04:15
Ken Gillett
Long Time Member
September 2002
Thanks for the response guys, but that's not in fact the whole story. As I stated in my post, I had 2 identical situations - a link to another button (on the same page, but that's irrelevant) with a jump (and followed by the delay - I know that one). But one of them worked and the other did not. The only difference was the destination of the jump.

After copying the working one onto the jump button that didn't work and then changing the destination to what it should be - it worked. IOW, there was something about the macro that meant it would fail, but the other macro was a 'working' macro, yet apparently identical.

After modifications to my config file I had a lot of links to jumps that didn't work, none of the new ones in fact. By copying this 'working' macro and setting the destination correct, they now all work as they should.

I have found that once a link-jump is working, you can link to the jump button/macro as many other times as you want and they all work, whereas if the first one didn't work, none of them will. The problem obviously lies in the macro/button that contains the jump. It will work with a direct action, but not when linked to. It's as if the action following the jump is ignored and it reverts to the behaviour already mentioned, i.e. jumps don't work if they're the last action.

So, there can be something different (but hidden) about 2 macros that means one works and one doesn't. The macros are simply:-

jump to...
delay 0.1s

nothing complicated. The destination of the jump is irrelevant. If it works, you can set it to any other page and it continues to work and vice versa. Whatever this difference is, it is copied with the macro if you copy to another button.

I am using Tonto, could the bug be in that rather than the Pronto?

Hosting Services by ipHouse