Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 162 made on Tuesday November 13, 2001 at 09:34
Harmony Honey
Founding Member
September 2001
Information Leak:

In yet another improvement to the OS for the Harmony, if you add the following XML Code to your "Watch Television" capability under "Change My Activities... ", you will be rewarded with a new screen-scrolling feature. This sets the Harmony to jump full pages in either your Listings, Favorites, or Channels display. This feature has already saved me hours of scrolling. EasyZapper is hoping that this will relieve some of the stress amongst those who find that too much scrolling drives them mental...

In your "Watch Television" activity, edit the XML and paste these options in (right after the tag, as shown below. You should get "Smart Channel Changing", and "Menu Paging" for your channel and show lists:

Can someone tell me how to post HTML/XML code here, without having it show up as active? As soon I can figure this out, I'll pop the code in right here.

Another benefit: The "Smart Channel Changing" [ code example here] causes the remote to use "Up/Down" channel changing, rather than send out a three-digit command each time, when you are simply channel surfing. Another much-requested feature.

NOTE: Since this is "beta" code, and has not been fully tested, ensure that you back up your original code first. Note also that I have been using it and have not encountered any problems at all. -HH-

This message was edited by Harmony Honey on 11/13/01 09:42.53.

Hosting Services by ipHouse