The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday September 26, 2005 at 22:25
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I got the CCF file by email, but not any hint of where in the ProntoEdit gui I should look to find the problem signal.

On 09/26/05 14:21 ET, JoeS said...
I access
the code to a command on the right hand side of
the device page in the ProntoEdit4.0 software.

Maybe that ought to tell me. But it doesn't.

Also I happened to receive the email on a computer where I don't have ProntoEdit, just DecodeCCF. I'll email it to myself on another computer later. But for now, with DecodeCCF I can see there are NO database signals used in this CCF. So I'm pretty sure that 8000 0000 0000 0000 was created by user error while looking for the desired signal. It wasn't in the ccf before you looked.

Most of the signals in that emailed file are the same as the signals in the following CCF file at RC:
[Link: remotecentral.com]

But the signals in the emailed ccf are the clean form of RC5 (Pronto Hex starting 5000) that can't be imported by some other programs that use Pronto Hex.

The signals in that ccf at RC are imperfect learns that didn't get cleaned into the 5000 form, so they can be imported by such programs.

But if your objective is to import the signals into such a program, it's better to use DecodeCCF to decode them, then use MakeHex to reencode them, rather than get imperfect learns from different ccf.

Hosting Services by ipHouse