The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday September 26, 2005 at 08:50
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
The Pronto Hex strings that begin with 8000 do not directly encode the IR signal. Instead they are references into the internal database.

In ProntoEdit, you should be able to see the device type, brand, code set and command of that IR signal.

The database is licensed, so ProntoEdit is designed to prevent you from getting access to the Pronto Hex stored inside the database. I have read, but not understood, descriptions of how to get signals out of the database with some older version of a program related to ProntoEdit. I don't know if there is a pratical method. If there is, it obviously violates the license for using that software.

If I understand correctly, your purpose is to copy the signal from a ccf file to some other brand of remotes that can use Pronto Hex but doesn't have the same database.

Maybe you can use the brand and device type info to find a similar entry in your own remote's database.

If it's a common code set, you can probably find some other CCF where the signals are learned, rather than selected from the database.

If you give more details (the correct string beginning 8000, and/or the type, brand and model of the device) I probably have more information.

(If it really was exactly 8000 0000 0000 0000, rather than something just similar to that, then something else is wrong. 8000 can only be a database reference but the rest of the string should tell what item in the database is referenced).

Hosting Services by ipHouse