The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 77 made on Wednesday July 27, 2005 at 16:49
matthewpowell78
Lurking Member
July 2005
After reading this forum i was still a bit confused about how get my remote going with my appliances. Anyway i got it going after an hour or so, so i'd like to share how to go about it! Read on...
1. The preset codes sometimes work, sometimes don't!!! I got my sanyo tv going with the codes, but my Bush vcr code was way out with the code in the table. So i had to do a quick search leading to point 2....
- hold set & tv button
- release
- press set again & release to start search mode
- led will flash
(People (including myself) were confused at this point what to do)
- what i did at this point was to press the power button lots of times whilst it was scanning the codes. As soon as you tv/vcr etc turns off IMMEDIATLEY press the device button to stop the scan. As the remote scans so fast you will more than likely be a few codes out too far on...
-...so press set and hold button one and count the flashes to get the 1st code number (as in the display mode option) and do this with button 2 and 3 to give you a 3 digit code ie 164, 176
- As i said before you will have more than likely gone too far on. Use the manual code input to input this number MINUS 1, then try using the remote.
- keep doing this til it works, this is how i did it. You should only have to do this a few times (i went from 164 to 162 and this worked) as you will have been close when it stopped scanning when you pressed the device button.

Hope this clears it up, i know there's a lot to read but it does work.

Matt :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse