The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday November 4, 1998 at 20:15
Daniel Tonks
Historic Forum Post
In response to "Re: New message board feature..." by dcc on 04/11/98 18:44:24:

I agree that's a nice system, but I don't really want to switch to a new program right now. It took a heck of a long time just to get this one going.

As much as I've customized the current program, it's still limited to the base code which doesn't lend itself to displaying all messages or even multiple messages at once. It just won't work - it has to do with the way it stores the messages and retrieves them. On the opposite side of displaying messages all at once, I wish it had deeper threads.

The best I can do is make the current one as useable as possible. I'd like to hear any opinions on quoting the original text... it would be simular to a newsgroup posting, and I'd remote that "you're are replying to:" text below.

Since the graphics only have to be downloaded once they really don't have a big effect on display time. Most of the speed problem is in the fact that the server is way overworked and way underpowered - it serves a heck of a lot of domains & other people and it's only a P133. I'm trying to see if we can improve performance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse