Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Wednesday December 2, 1998 at 21:56
Daniel Tonks
Historic Forum Post
By there description it sounds like, to execute a macro you have to jump to the "Macro Group" page (which may be specific to the device your using) and then select the macro (1 of 5 big buttons) you want to execute...

Actually, think of "groups" as directories on your hard drive, which can hold up to 25 macros, or "files". Each page lists 5 macros, so there's a total of 5 pages of 5 macros in each macro group.

The macro section isn't tied to any particular component, so whenever you access it it's at the same page you last left it at. You don't have to select a group each time you use it.

Why do Macro Groups exist? Because if you happen to have a LOT of macros (let's say 50), scrolling from page 1 to page 10 is going to take a long time. So to make it quicker and more orderly, groups exist so you can sort macros by purpose, device, whatever. Me, I only have a few macros so I have no need for groups.

Many of the custom templates people are looking for (say one with all volume levels) will be possible with the PC software. Why is the software "late" in comparison to the remote? Possibly because they wern't planning on including it, but then they saw what HK was going to do they decided it was required. Or, perhaps they concentrated all their time on the hardware, since they wanted it out in time for Christmas, and the software got pushed to the end.

Hosting Services by ipHouse