Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday December 2, 1998 at 20:46
George Mills
Historic Forum Post
Patients does pay off and I admit when it comes to toys near XMAS time I have way to little.

Either I'm stupid, or it's just hard to explain how the Pronto's do there thing.

But what is a "Macro Group" for?
Why do "Macro Groups" need to exist?

By there description it sounds like, to execute a
macro you have to jump to the "Macro Group" page (which may be specific to the device your using) and then select the macro (1 of 5 big buttons) you want to execute. If this is not the case please correct me. Also if it's not the case I'm confused as to the purpose of "Macro Groups".

Going back to the base note by Clay, why not use a new "Device" and the most suitable Template for his "Surfing, Music and Power" pages. He would have more than 5 buttons (more than 5 Macros) as he desired.

Sorry if I misunderstand. The dealers in my area are still saying what's a Pronto. I'd be happy to order a Pronto from Jack or try ordering a Take Control again from shop4.com if I'm confident I understand each units capabilities (which it certainly sounds like I don't).

If the restrictions I feel that exist today are going to change soon, then ok I'll wait.

If the restrictions I feel that exist today are wrong PLEASE correct me and explain.

By the way I just learned from an IRIQ user that you can assign up to 24 different standard bitmaps to EACH button. So you basically have unlimited templates (no need for templates). The only restriction is buttons are placed on the 4x5 grid and a button can't extend beyond it's "cell" (no double width etc.).

Hosting Services by ipHouse