Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday December 1, 1998 at 18:39
George Mills
Historic Forum Post
I appreciate your giving us a real world explanation of usage and programming.

Just one comment, why on earth is it that these "Remote" designers have to treat macros as anything special. It would be nice if any button on a template could be a macro. Why have "macro groups at all". All buttons should be macro capable.

It seems you've used the "Macro" pages as some of your main activity pages and now wish "Macro" pages left some room for "normal" buttons. I agree, you can think of it the other way around as well. Why not allow macro's on the template pages and get rid of the silly "macro groups".

Apparently talking to Take Control folks the Take Control does not "specialize macros". The hardware sounds nicer on the Pronto (Backlight and Charger) but I think it's this special treatment of macros that will swing me towards the take control.

It sounds like Softare Engineers designed the Take Control and Hardware Engineers designed the Pronto :-)

Sorry to ramble on about but it seems such a shame to have these restrictions. Perhaps the Pronto can be changed in software in the future.

Hosting Services by ipHouse