Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday October 20, 2023 at 10:32
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Extenders can be funny (or not).

I worked at one house that had a no name extender. I thought I was having extender issues and tried a Binary, no picture. I had a Zektor in the truck, before AVPro it was kind of the cream of the crop, black screen with it as well. I think I power cycled and did something else from a distance to restore the pic, but out of those three extenders, the only one I could get to work was the no-name extender.

Now we have ARC extenders. Some guys have used dozens and dozens of those Binary 260s without a hitch. I have only needed a handful, and the Binary have worked. Except at one house feeding a Sonos AMP from a distance, the sound kept reverting back-and-forth from the TV to the Sonos AMP. I put in an AVPro extender that did ARC, and it has been working since. Just that one house, the Binary would not work, tried another Binary, reterminate the ends, all the usual stuff. Nope.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse