The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 28, 2023 at 11:20
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
I initially did the install in about 2011 and aside from the outdoor speakers that allowed water to enter even though I used silicone on the terminals (covered by warranty) and the multi-channel amplifiers that were doused by water, everything else has worked great. She cares more about art & film and has some hearing loss- likes music but it's not the focus of her life. Hubby loves him some tunes and also likes to stir the pot, so she messaged last night about replacing the TVs in the master BR and family room. I mentioned to him that the Roku could be connected to the AVR instead of the TV and he was receptive to that before, but now she mentioned smart TVs. My plan is to steer toward the separate streaming device because IME, that has been a more reliable method.

The Master BR TV is a Sony and it's fine, but they want something a bit larger. Family Room TV is a higher-up 50" Panasonic Plasma model, possibly V or Z series. Looks freaking great, too. One issue in that room is that the front speakers are Artisan and the wall was framed for them with the TV being close to flush- I explained that without ventilation, making it totally flush wouldn't be a great idea because of the heat.

What brands are most popular or preferred? Still Samsung/LG/Sony?

Family Rm cables can be added/changed easily and I plan to leave the AVR as-is and let the TV up-convert because it works. Front speakers could change but the rest are staying.

Thanks
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse