The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday August 4, 2023 at 15:35
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On August 1, 2023 at 11:13, wildulmer said...
Sometimes you go where the work is and sometimes that work is in a place with no internet. I live in a very rural area and sometimes internet is not available, with StarLink that is becoming increasingly rare. It drives me nuts when something is only available with the internet, especially if an upgrade moves the feature from local to cloud-based. With the new Comcast routers you cannot do DMZ unless you have the config app, most of the time I do not, there is no way to do it in the router. This has caused me hours of frustration.

I agree, Settings and features shouldn't be reliant on requiring a specific app/service to make changes to the hardware. entering the IP address of the unit and logging in should be all that is required to make any adjustment necessary. If they want to host that info on the cloud for later for ease of replacement or whatever go for it, but I shouldn't need to borrow the customers phone or get their ISP's login information just to put their PoS router into bridge mode.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse