Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday May 31, 2023 at 11:54
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On May 31, 2023 at 08:45, highfigh said...
How are they going to stream to these- is it for using one or two zones at a time?

I think it's time to ask more questions.

The best BT receiver I have found is from Miccus- the sound was better than I had expected and the range was amazing. It can be used as a transmitter or receiver and they state that if a pair is used, the range is around 300'. If it performs as a pair as well as the single ones have, that should be accurate- I was over 150' away with my iPhone when I tested the first one I installed and it never dropped out. Miccus have analog and optical IN/OUT, too.

???
Why would you bring up using Bluetooth, when we are talking about WiFi devices on a network? Or do you not know what AirPlay is?
The Belkin Soundform Connect is an AirPlay 2 device. AirPlay 2 allows you to group zones together.

Tom, this setup should work just fine for the customer. I'm sure Crutchfield already explained the limitations but you should go over it again with them as well. They can only stream what is available on the device they are AirPlay'n from and if that device gets interrupted, so does the audio. Also, volume control is going to be from the mobile device. So if someone connects at full volume, then....
I would be very conservative on the gain settings for the amp.
Hard to argue with less than a 1/4 of the price of using a SONOS Port. But certainly there are also tangible benefits for the SONOS upgrade.

The only gotcha I read is = some people say the NFC setup to crap/doesn't work. You might have to manually connect each one using the 8 digit code on the back.

Hosting Services by ipHouse