Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday May 7, 2023 at 18:53
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Setup that LTS system on the test bench today.

With a new NVR with new cameras, you are prompted to create the passwords first. After that, go update the firmware - new firmware was released about 2 weeks ago (V4.72.106).

After reboot, i went to add the cameras but... by the time I got to the camera management screen, the 4 cameras were already imported and working - automatic, nothing I needed to do.
This of course would not be the case with IP cameras that had already been configured on a different system. You would have to go to the discovery screen and search. When they pop up in the menu, click edit and enter the correct passwords for them, then add. If they don't popup in a search, find the IP address of the cameras and manually add them in.

Then I went thru setting up the NVR:
Format the HD and run S.M.A.R.T. test on the HD.
Check the time settings, setup for the NTP servers with the correct DST time.
Create the user accounts and logins.
Change the ports used for the services.
Change the recording & viewing parameters.
Setup the DDNS.
Etc., etc., etc...

While doing this, I'm reminded of why I hate these little crappy machines. Periodically the NVR would refuse to save my changes - either it would give me an error or I would go back and find it hadn't really saved. I would then have to reboot and try again. Had to reboot 3x while going thru the settings. I'm sure I'll have to reboot once or twice when I go to install the system next week and make some tweaks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse