Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday February 23, 2022 at 16:11
punter16
May 2011
On February 22, 2022 at 12:49, buzz said...
We haven't seen this issue. I'd hate to go wireless on our jobs because the Eero's are separated and performance would tank. But, we only have a few Eero installations.

Are there any Sonos units on the network? Diagnosing network issues can get tricky if there are any wired Sonos units. Sonos units will share their own mesh connectivity with anything wired to a Sonos player -- including the switch that would normally carry traffic to that player. We've had situations where a network cable was damaged and the network did not completely go down because a player filled-in for the missing cable, but at a much slower speed. Wired Sonos units require managed switches to use STP, not RSTP, if multiple Sonos units are wired.

We have Sonos on most of our jobs. It seems odd to me that we haven't seen this previously and now it has come up multiple times over the last number of months. If it was Sonos-related, we would have probably seen this before (we've got abut 650 Eeros out there and most have Sonos in the mix).

The problem with Eero reassigning a gateway seems like it would be tied specifically to Eero's hardware as opposed to anything else. I appreciate everyone's input as it always seems that we are the guinea pigs for the manufacturers these days AND that we are always the ones that figure out the issues when they occur (vs. the manufacturers) so it's good to hear what everyone else might be running into.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse