Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 112 made on Sunday February 13, 2022 at 13:36
buzz
May 2003
On February 13, 2022 at 11:35, Anthony said...
|...yes in 2019 it was seen as a Severe Acute Respiratory disease and the virus called Sars-Cov-2 but we always new generically it is different and it is 2022 and we have known for a long time that it is a lot more then just a respiratory disease.

I think that this is part of our problem -- we have learned along the way and are now being punished for changing our approach for dealing with the thing based on this new knowledge.

A current rant is that "we were told not to use N95's, now we are told to use N95's!!!" The proper context is that, early on, N95's were in very short supply and the best allocation of that short supply was that they should be reserved for critical medical staff. Now N95's are plentiful and there is no reason to discourage the general public from using them. This was never a 'fail' for medical experts, it was simply an acknowledgement of and workaround for a then unfortunate supply situation.

And, we are still learning. Plus, a future variant might best be handled by something that we will learn in the future. I think that we have a lot to learn about long COVID.

Plus we have a lot to learn about how to present facts to an anti crowd. Presently, anything that smells like science is immediately rejected as some sort of conspiracy against the common man. Sometimes I think that we should approach this as a presentation to an unruly six year old -- "If you ever eat spinach you will be punished."

Hosting Services by ipHouse