The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 110 made on Sunday February 13, 2022 at 11:35
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
I listened for just under 2h yesterday. It was interesting and if I find the time I might listen to the rest (5h is a long time). Some of it was interesting and informative and has some merits IMHO

But who ever organized this definitely did not do themselves any favors.

Why bring in an ophthalmologist. Yes he has a medical degree but Covid-19 is not in his specialization.

Then they had the lady, she is introduced as University of Michigan where she corrected that she only went to school there, then the guy tries to over correct by calling her a physician (aka medical doctor) and she corrects him that she is not and that she has a doctorate. Don't get me wrong maybe she has a doctorate in microbiology and immunology or some other extremely relevant field and did some good research but there is a reason that credential are given, even though it might not be fair (even someone at the top of his field can make mistakes and be wrong) and someone with no credentials being right, they still mean something it is a matter of playing the odds.

If SNL tried to make a mockery of it they could not have done any better.

Some did have IMHO some smart things to say (and I am not saying those two people did not) some people did say some dumb stuff (again IMHO) like saying Covid-19 is just a respiratory virus (affects a lot more like one person brought up
there are blood clots but the vascular system also appears to be heavily damaged) that all that matters is death and hospitalization (they are extremely important but what about Long Covid and what it might mean t have a damaged heart in the long run)or Covid 19 is just like SARS ,yes in 2019 it was seen as a Severe Acute Respiratory disease and the virus called Sars-Cov-2 but we always new generically it is different and it is 2022 and we have known for a long time that it is a lot more then just a respiratory disease.

Hosting Services by ipHouse