Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Tuesday January 4, 2022 at 01:16
davidcasemore
January 2003
On January 2, 2022 at 01:07, tomciara said...
Having lived a long time, I have taken many vaccines. Some vaccines you can take once and done.  Measles, mumps, polio, seems like we licked them.

This covid doesn’t look like one of those.  It looks more like an influenza, where you get a shot yearly or periodically, to keep from getting ill.  But influenza eradication will never happen.  Covid acts like that.

Right. This was your response to me saying that if more people would mask-up, get vaccinated and social-distance etc. we could end this pandemic. I never said it would disappear ("Soon, it will disappear. It will be like a miracle". "There are only 15 cases. In a week or so it will be zero") Ah, the good old days!

Pay attention - time for a learning moment: We can end the pandemic and turn it into an endemic disease. You know, like the flu. But until people wisen up, and until the wealthy nations can supply enough vaccine for the developing world, the we will be stuck in pandemic mode. And THAT pisses me off because it doesn't have to be this way.
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse