The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday October 20, 2021 at 08:03
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 18, 2021 at 21:00, ichbinbose said...
Could a future automation articulating mount with a in wall box work?

No- the wall behind the TV is finished and since it's a masonry fireplace/chimney, the insulation must be left intact and the framing isn't going to be changed at this point. I had to wait for everyone else to finish their work before I could do more than prewire and now that the homeowners have heard the results of their desire to not see speakers near the TV, they want just that- speakers near the TV. The living room is easy- cut the holes and use the second pair of wires in the speaker cables but the family room is tricky since I would have to cut the ceiling in the closet for the equipment and drill through a joist to get the speaker cable into the space needed for the speakers and I really didn't look into that before the ceiling was closed since it had already been drywalled before I ran the cables across the joists- the ceiling had fake wooden beams going front to back, attached to the joists and when they were removed, gaps between the drywall and nailers were revealed, which allowed me to drill for the cables.

I should have used my Magic 8 Ball.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse