The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Monday October 18, 2021 at 21:00
ichbinbose
Select Member
August 2011
On October 16, 2021 at 10:02, highfigh said...
Does this fireplace have a big, masonry chimney? Sounds like it- the interior detonator needs to be welcomed into the real world.

Does this place have a basement? If so, you know what to do. If not, the homeowners need to take that ride to the real world, too.

I'm trying to finish a house where the homeowners said they didn't want to see speakers or sound bars near the TVs, each of which is over a fireplace- I told them the sound will be better if they're at the front, but they didn't want that, so I said I could install them over the sofas. No chance of a centrally-located speaker in either room because it's an older house with exposed beams placed, you guessed it- dead center. Last week, I got a text message saying that the sound at the family room sofa is odd, coming from overhead, so we discussed the situation on Monday. Now, I have to find a small 5.1 AVR for the living room which Snap sells, but isn't expected to arrive until November 30, if even then. The plan was always to use enclosures behind that TV, but not to need an amplifier for more speakers. Since they want a Samsung Frame TV, there's not an option for me to use an articulating mount because they want it as close to the wall as possible and the framing/drywall/plaster/paint are done.

If only I could read minds.....

Could a future automation articulating mount with a in wall box work?

Hosting Services by ipHouse