The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Wednesday February 3, 2021 at 23:19
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 3, 2021 at 16:28, buzz said...
Imagine the young Kodak engineer proposing digital cameras to management as a martial arts movie where the novice approaches the grand master trying to take the stone. Kodak management would simply point out that they had maintained total control over the film market for eons and that this digital video thing is insignificant.

I had some enlargements made from negatives at a local shop in the mid-'90s and when I went back to have one repaired after it had raindrops on it (started as I was walking toward a framing shop), I saw piles of 5x7 prints on various tables. I asked about them and was told that another place had contracted them to make the prints because they were extremely busy. I knew the other place had moved toward digital and had been reading a lot of photography mags at the time, so I said that they should get into digital, to keep up with the times and until it really gets to the point where it would be equal to film's resolution, they could do both. Guess who folded only a couple of years later. It's too bad, too- they did great work.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse