The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday January 12, 2021 at 08:13
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 11, 2021 at 21:02, mrtristan said...
You would think that studio or mastering monitor would be as neutral as possible. The differences in sound signature between studio monitors varies as much as the differences between home hifi speakers.

'Neutral', compared to what? That's like people saying they want their system to be 'accurate'.

There's no way anyone wants hearing fatigue after a long day of mixing- it sometimes takes days to recover and that costs money if they can't work or are impaired.

I think the Genelec and Dynaudio are pretty easy to listen to- the B&W, JBL and Yamaha weren't. Some of the KRK, Audex and M-Audio are decent, too.

Personally, I don't want some instruments to be reproduced with total accuracy- drums & cymbals, electric guitars and many others are not pleasant to be near, but they can record extremely well. It's the mics, effects, mixing & mastering that make great-sounding recordings. A great audio system makes it sound the way it was intended, or not- some 'great' speaker sound fine for some types of music and some instruments, but some sound really good for a wider variety.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse