The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Thursday October 10, 2019 at 15:26
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
On July 29, 2019 at 14:17, SB Smarthomes said...
I think the larger JBL's with horn loaded compression drivers kill any of the residential landscape speaker systems when you need to push lots of sound out over large areas at high SPL.  If all you need is good sound around the garden, probably any quality speakers currently available will get the job done.

The project photos I posted has a large pool area with a very loud waterfall feature, a tennis court, a couple large green areas and several large garden areas.  I don't remember for sure, but I think there are 20-22 JBL speakers plus the JBL subs and then 4 Atlas Sound 360 garden speakers in some landscaped areas where omni-directional coverage was required.

I'm really glad you posted this. I had a customer who wanted to push Sonos into a big yard (mounted to the wall on a patio). I warned him it may not fill the yard with just two speakers and a Sonos amp. I punted on the Sonos Sonance outdoors after being disappointed and went with a pair of JBL Control 28-1 8" units. Holy s&@t, those things put out! Even off a Sonos Connect Amp they filled the entire yard without a sweat.

Hosting Services by ipHouse