Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Tuesday October 8, 2019 at 16:15
Richie Rich
July 2002
On October 3, 2019 at 17:58, Ernie Gilman said...
Assuming this is a finished garage... I'll bet the wires that go from place to place in the garage are not behind the drywall, though.

I've never understood million dollar homes where the garage was planned and built and, obviously, a garage door was ordered, and, obviously, an opener was part of the plan and, obviously, wires needed to go from place to place in the garage... and some tyro thinks it's spiffy to wait until the entire garage construction, including painting, is done.... then they come in and staple down 22 gauge zip cord on the surface of the drywall.

Could somebody maybe thought of this while the walls were open?

I always prewire for it. Run a cat to both the opener and the button location and some 2 conductor from the sensors to where the opener will live. Don't forget the lock on the newer Liftmasters.

Even did it in my own house. Finally got to use up the backstock of coax passthrough plates I have been sitting on for over a decade for the sensor wires.

Just have to check with the builder to see if they are using traditional openers or jackshaft ones. Have seen the electricians get hosed on this one before too.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse