The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday March 18, 2019 at 12:29
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On March 18, 2019 at 11:57, drewski300 said...
However I need to. LOL Haven't fully worked those details out yet.

It's for my cabin. I was originally going to tie Lutron into Nest to maintain a home/away mode. Our experience with Nest isn't great. Random notifications when they were set them to not send, having the place to switch over to the Home mode even though nobody switched it and we weren't in town. So I don't think we will rely on Nest to initiate Home/Away control.

We will either install a manual switch or a Lutron switch that will control a relay, transformer, or whatever we need to operate the valve.

Many would argue that if you lose power, you'll lose water. The place has a well pump so losing power means no water regardless. Plus with a boiler valve, you could manually open it. IDK

I don't remember the part we used but we did something similar and tied it to the security system and Crestron system. There was a bypass piped around the valve if for some reason it was stuck in the off position the home owner could manually switch it to on.

It's programmed so that if the floor water sensor in the basement goes into alarm that the valve will close ensuring new water isn't coming into the house. It is also a manual button on the Crestron system so when the Home Owners leave on vacation or elsewhere they can turn the water off without having to go into the mechanical room.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse