The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 72 made on Thursday July 19, 2018 at 09:03
Dawn Gordon Luks
Founding Member
September 2001
I have some more info regarding Portal that they have not been very clear on.

If you are a casual user, i.e. not paying $50 per month for proposals, the 4 proposals per month are a *very misleading* number. Depending on proposal creation timing and submittal, you could be looking at 2 usable proposals per month, not 4.

For example, you create a proposal On August 25th and are waiting for changes from a customer. Then you submit the same proposal on September 10th. Believe it or not, that proposal is counted twice because you created it in one month and then submitted or printed it the next month. This was confirmed by Portal.

In my opinion, It should be much, much simpler. You create a proposal, it counts as one of the 4. That's it. Every time you create a new proposal it should be counted. Editing, printing, copying, submitting, etc should not matter.

I'm not trying to give the Portal folks a hard time. I think Portal - especially the old Portal -- is really great. But if they want it to succeed they need it to be a lot more reasonable. The paid system they have come up with is highly flawed, and unnecessarily complicated.

Just my 02. Cents.

Last edited by Dawn Gordon Luks on July 19, 2018 15:27.

Hosting Services by ipHouse