Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday December 9, 2014 at 06:35
flcusat
April 2003
This is an old thread but I'm looking for an answer to my issues.
I have a home which has 4 Air handlers and one thermostat per handler, with two SAM units, so each SAM unit has two air handlers connected.
Here is a little bit of history to this job site.
Around 8 years ago we installed AMX at this house and had the HVAC system integrated with AMX for about three years. Then the customer moved to a new house and put the old house for sale. After a couple of years without being able to sale the house he rented the house to someone for a couple of years, and after that a new guy bought the house.
When the new guy moved in, we were called since he got our number from the previous owner, besides of the fact that all the racks had a plate with our name and number.
Some of the AMX gear was missing (processors, touchpanels, remotes, etc) and the customer had Control4 at his previous house and liked it, so we replaced the AMX system with Control4 at his request.
I'm trying to integrate the SAM units with Control4 and I don't have a problem communicating with them, since I can't see the traffic going back and forth between them at the LUA window of the SAM driver, however I'm not getting any data from the thermostats.
Here is the catch, the thermostats drivers need to have the input of the System number and Zone number, since the SAM unit can have two systems.
I'm assuming that the COMM1 is System 1 and COMM2 is System 2 , both LEDs for COMM1 and COMM2 are lit up, which is supposed to happen if there is communication between the SAM and the Infinity System, however I don't know how to find what is the actual Zone assigned to each thermostat.
I went through each thermostat menus and couldn't find this info, I also tried changing the values in the drivers for the zones, with not luck.
So far I had play with just one SAM unit, but I haven't found this information anywhere, so I don't know if this zone number needs to be assigned manually to the thermostat or it is done automatically by the SAM unit.
I literally lost a full day of work yesterday working on this. I called Control4 tech support and they couldn't give me and answer on this and the HVAC guy has no clue about it either.
Any ideas?

Last edited by flcusat on December 9, 2014 06:58.
I'm always right. The only time I was wrong was the time that I thought, that I was wrong.

Hosting Services by ipHouse