The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday August 26, 2014 at 00:50
LewBob
Long Time Member
November 2005
Pretty damn sure that URC is an American company with products made in Korea. The back of the remote says Harrison, N.Y. At least they aren't built in China. From my experience with Korean companies like Samsung, customer and dealer support is non-existent. You may not like URC, but you can get questions answered and dealers get a level of training that no Korean company I have dealt with is interested in providing.

Mr. Gray leopard. Do a search on line and you will find locations that have the MX850 editor available for download. I am retired from the industry and program my own remotes, so I understand your frustration if you bought an MX850 many years ago when they allowed consumers to access that software. They made the change years ago to support their dealers. Believe me, nobody who bought one from me ever came in looking for it, and I don't remember a single customer who was interested in programming one themselves. I offered a way to allow them to operate the home theaters they bought from me and sold many of them. They weren't intended for DIY's. I would tell people about Harmony if they were a DIYer and didn't want to pay for programming.

Hosting Services by ipHouse