The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday July 8, 2014 at 17:21
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On July 8, 2014 at 13:15, Trent@AVocation said...
Walked through Cabrini Green? I vividly remember driving through it as a youngster and being absolutely convinced that if our car were to break down, we would die. I can't imagine walking it. I've heard stories of cops not even wanting to set foot in that neighborhood. I think in its time, it was considered the most dangerous place in America.

My ex wife grew up in Chicago, and told me there were areas where if you have a flat tire, drive it out on the rim.... I thought she was exagerrating until our experience.

We were walking through at night, 6 dorkey looking white guys in shirts ties, sports coats and slacks, a little drunk and talking loudly until the shit hit the fan!

True! 4 cop cars showed up. They looked at us in disbelief. They WOULD NOT get out of their cars. They made us kind of jog along side their cars to buffer us from the dudes trhowing bottle and rocks at us. We heard a couple of "pops" too. So we jogged to safety, the cops all jumped out of their cars and said : where are you stupid asses from anyway? How you didn't get killed back there is beyond us!

Even if they tried to outlaw or control gun ownership----it wouldnt change anything here in the Wild West. Thats one debate I won't get into. The U.S. has approx 300,000,000 guns.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse