Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday June 19, 2013 at 11:09
Richie Rich
July 2002
On June 18, 2013 at 11:57, ceied said...
Ok, I have the car thing down pat... but I am now interested in trucks... not semi's but 60's and 70's trucks and suv's.

I am now thinking about 2 new projects... the first is a 1940-50 era chevy suburban delivery truck.

The 2nd is a 1972 chevy k5 blazer... the one with the removable top.

Basically I want to take a 1972 chevy k5 blazer and for lack of better words turn it into a daily driver with modern suspension and drivetrain.

I want to keep the truck at stock height or lower it 2 inches. Any ideas where I should start with engineered rear suspensions to replace the factory suspension? And then an engineered front suspension.

i have tried googling but i am getting a lot of crap sites with individual parts and not complete bolt on solutions. i know it exists...

I am also thinking that I would like to put in a modern 2003-2012 chevy Tahoe drivetrain... but im not sure yet.

Basically I am looking for resources for engineered parts and what is actually available.

There is a ton of parts available for the 70s pickup/blazer platform. The chassis/suspension lends itself pretty well to lowering. If you want a lowered one do not start with a 4x4, the front suspension is totally different from the 2wd.

A Tahoe drivetrain would be a great swap. Even better, find a wrecked tahoe or pickup and incorporate as much of it as you can in the older platform (drivetrain and interior stuff).

Cool to see there are other gearheads on here. Playing with cars and trucks is my relief from what I do for a living.
I currently have a little fleet of 80s vintage toyota pickups that I play with. One 2wd and a couple of 4x4s.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse