Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday June 14, 2012 at 13:50
abhi
Lurking Member
June 2012
Hi,
I have been reading the posts on this forum to figure out the solution to my R50 troubles but am not able to figure it out. So I am starting a new thread.
My setup is Sony Bravia, Onkyo 1009 and Dish Network Hopper HPR2000

I got a R50 and was able to program the TV and the Onkyo AVR without problems.
With the Hopper (I had to enable IR control in the Hopper settings), I am able to program everything from the Hopper remote except the power button. This is confusing me. Here is how it goes for me:
(1) I start adding a device on R50
(2) I select SAT->DISH->Name
(3) I then start pushing the up-down cursor to cycle through the codes on the R50 display
(4) there are a couple of matches and everytime there is a match the DVR/Hopper turns off (or on depending how the initial state is)
(5) When I enter the 'Test' mode on the R50 to actually test if the matched code is a 'PASS' or not, the power on button on R50 will not turn on the Hopper.

From step #4 I can tell that the signal from R50 can turn on or turn off the hopper as long as I am cycling through the codes. But it wont do so when I use the power button on R50.

Once in the 'Test' mode, if I power on my Hopper with the Dish Network remote, and then use the R50 for testing all the other buttons for the Hopper, they all work.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get the power button on R50 operate my Dish TV Hopper? I am trying to get the R50 working without having to go up to something like MX450 or a Harmony remote.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
Abhi

Hosting Services by ipHouse