Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday October 12, 1999 at 17:59
Matt Elton
Historic Forum Post
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I feel that very few of you realise the potential of DVD A. I'd wager that none of you, including me I might add, have systems anywhere near good enough to release the full sonic qualities of the new format!! DVD A is capable of sampling at 192k. This means that the top end frequency responce will exceed that of the best vinyl replay systems. DVD A will revolutionise the way we store music. Oh and by the way 74mins of playback is at the highest sampling rate (192k) and at 24bit resolution. There are few systems that can do justise to real 24bit, let along 24/192k. Having said all that though, the majority of DVD players sold today will be well and truly stomped on by the fourth and fifth generations yet to come at half the price. My advice would be if you want DVD today buy something that can be upgraded. Machines with this capability are not cheap, but the picture and sound quality will blow your mind, manufacturers like Theta, Meridian, Califonia Labs to name but a few will be just perfect...

Cheers All

Hosting Services by ipHouse