The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday May 12, 2011 at 01:10
RobCr
Lurking Member
October 2008
Thanks for responding, that was kind of you.
You are way more advanced than me, in manipulating universal remotes.
I had a dream that there would be one single 4 digit code that I could punch into my Chunghop RM-L987E
After trying every code that I could find, I got out of my cave (into the cold) to drive to one of our supermarkets (Woolworths/Safeway). They had a Skandia Remote for $20 that was called 'Pay TV' which had a sticker saying 'Preset to Foxtel'
Brought that home, and pressed the Pay TV button, and it worked.
Has all the same buttons as the IQ2 remote, and they all work.
Even the Fast Forward works in stages ( 2x -- 32x).
Couple of the buttons are slightly 'misplaced', which would be no problem for someone under 60.
If anyone is interested, it has 'REMOTEC' down the bottom, and has 'DR10005' inside the battery compartment.
At my age, it was probably the best choice, as If I had been successful in programming the Chunghop, then button misplacement would be an understatement.

I had previously purchased three Chunghop Big button remotes (at $5 and free shipping, everyone should get some of these) -
[Link: budgetgadgets.com]
[Link: chunghop.com]
The buttons are so big that a 99 year old could use them.
They only have buttons for Volume up/down, Channel up/down, Play, Pause, Stop, FForward, FBack, and possibly a couple of others.
It is a Learning remote, so you just do the typical 'remotes face each other' trick.
I have tried 'learning it' with my IQ2, and the Remotec. It chirps happily, but the IQ2 box ignores it.
If you could help me program that for my IQ2 box, I would be extremely appreciative.

Thanks again for your time,
Rob

Last edited by RobCr on May 12, 2011 01:30.

Hosting Services by ipHouse