The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday December 23, 2010 at 10:45
mo723
Long Time Member
December 2010
I was following you up to this point, but now I'm confused.

What will RMIR be used for? Will I still be manually entering the upgrades using the remote's keypad?

What is your thinking on starting with the single device codes, then moving to the combo codes? Can you describe the sequence of trial run and final run?

Can you give me a step by step procedure (an overview of the general procedure- a "recipe" if you will) for setting the remote buttons? For example (I have no idea what I'm talking about, just for illustration)

1. program generic rca device (single or combo) into the univ. remote
2. test buttons to see what already works, identify special functions not covered
3. find code for special function
--- (how/where to lookup and what to look for? how do i isolate the right data needed?)
4. choose a button to assign function
5. program function into remote (via software? or physical keystrokes?)
--- (what to enter to enable the function?)
6. repeat for next function one by one until all are enabled on remote

In the case of this combo unit, I'm only looking to make a fully working substitute for the original, and then I'm done. I don't currently have an interest in learning all the tricks for general application to any device. In other words, I don't want to "learn to customize remotes", I just want a "customized" remote. If I have to customize it myself, that's fine, but if my skills only applied to this one instance and could not be transferred (but could be repeated if I had to do it again), then I'm happy. If I could have bought an oem replacement from the supplier, I would have just done that, because my immediate interest is in the functionality, not in consolidation.

In addition to the above discussion, I will also indicate to you when I have the unit AND the remote in front of me and ready to program and test.

Hosting Services by ipHouse