The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday December 11, 2010 at 22:48
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Just for kicks I upgraded my operating system from Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) to Windows 7 Professional. Downloaded and installed XM Mode and Virtual PC. While I don't have a ProntoNG series remote at present to test I was able to install PPENG v2.1.8.0 without issue, then opening the latest version of my PCF and running it in the Simulator. I'm actually planning on purchasing a used TSU7500, so I'll have to give it a go per downloading to the remote once I have one in hand. That being said, the addition of XP Mode has been a blessing in disguise as it turns out per the TSU9x00 series remotes that I own and PEP. In order to download to the remote via PEP using Windows 7 I first need to disable the 3 HID-compliant mouse drivers showing under "Device Manager" which I actually just keep disabled all the time as they don't appear to serve any purpose anyway. I also need to disconnect my USB keyboard and mouse. Should note that this is a laptop thankfully, so I still have the laptop's keyboard and touchpad at that point. Due to the way I usually have my laptop situated at home (use a kvm and external monitor) it's been a real PITA having to disconnect my USB keyboard and mouse every time I need to download to the remote. Happy to say that those days are behind me now with the addition of XP Mode as I'm able to download to the remote under XP Mode without having to first disconnect my USB keyboard and mouse. Pretty sweet! When initially connecting my TSU9x00 XP Mode adds it as a system folder, in this case "E on ALIENM15X-PC" as shown here. The USB device then has to be attached via the Virtual PC toolbar before it's seen as a removable storage device where one can then download to the remote via the editor.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 18:17.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse