The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday November 11, 2010 at 07:07
brodricj
Long Time Member
May 2008
The software (module) on Pronto is by Kaleidescape, via IP control and it's free. Source switching and volume control etc etc via RS232/RFX9600, by me using basic Level 1/2 skills in PEP2. The app on iPad is by Remotescape, $90 from memory. IP control (obviously), volume control also possible via IP or RS232 using suitable gateway hardware. Both platforms simulate each other very closely. So simple and intuitive that my 3 year (now 4) old can operate the system entirely on his own, and he taught himself how to do it (and he taught me a few things as well!). The other app on iPad for TV guide and setting PVR record timers is by Foxtel, and it's free. The apps and Pronto module only work on the platforms for which they were designed (i.e. Kaleidescape and Foxtel).

They are both very powerful control systems and they work together in complete harmony with no issues what-so-ever. It just demonstrates what the Pronto and iPad are capable of when very clever people put their mind to writing the software to make it work.

Hosting Services by ipHouse