Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday September 6, 2010 at 09:23
rap
Long Time Member
September 2006
Nasty issue indeed...

Time to give back to the group… [Link: nirsoft.net]

If you are not aware of this free utility – USBDeview.exe – you should be! This utility has helped me a lot with troubleshooting and it’s worth its weight. It’s a simple .EXE file, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit OSes. Check it out. Alas, still no joy with my Pronto USB connect issue.

A couple of more hours late yesterday… USBDeview reported the exact status of the Pronto Driver Install on the Win7 laptop. Pronto will install four drivers: i) USB Composite Device, ii) USB Mass Storage Device, iii) TSU9400 USB Device, and iv) USB Input Device. They all install successfully except the USB Input Device. Using Deview I removed (uninstalled) just about every USB input device on my system. With each attempt you need to power cycle the Pronto and remove the previously installed Pronto drivers in order to reinitiate the install sequence on plug-in. The Win7 “device assistant” attempts to repair the device by reinstalling the missing driver but it fails also. The Win7 box remains unusable as this last driver will not install. This process was repeated several times including reboots of laptop and Pronto.

Back to Vista… Following generally the same procedure described for the Win7 box produced even less progress as Vista continues to report “unknown USB Device.” Again, if the OS cannot discern what the new device is, it’s just not going to install.

Why is it that the MS device compatibility and driver website does not know what a Pronto is? They only have been around for about ten years!

Hosting Services by ipHouse