The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday September 5, 2010 at 08:39
buzz
May 2003
rap,

I have PEP2 running on a Vista 64 Ultimate desktop and a W7 64 Professional laptop. On Vista the only annoyance is the need to authorize PEP2 to run each time.

I have not had any HID problems on my own systems, but I know that others bump into them. Recently I bumped into a laptop that briefly had the HID issue, but it resolved after we waited a minute. Evidently, we tried to communicate with the Pronto too soon after attaching it.

Sometimes I find that the USB connection with Pronto becomes flustered and the only solution is detaching the Pronto and rebooting both the Pronto and the computer. This was more of an issue with my XP laptop. I have had zero issues with the Vista desktop and the W7 machine is about two weeks old.

Usually, one can find and disable the offending HID device. Most of the time the offender is a device that is not actually installed on the system and no one cares if it is disabled. Unfortunately, computer manufacturers tend to load every USB driver that they can dig up -- in an effort to make everything "easy". Sometimes there is interference. It is a pain to work through the list, one by one, but it is usually a one time chore. The awkward part is if the keyboard or mouse driver is the responsible party.

Look in the PEP File drop down for the "Save Project As Pack And Go file ...". In an emergency one can edit the project on one computer, create the Pack And GO, then transfer the file to a system that can download to the Pronto. I'll use this facility to send a customer a quick repair, perhaps a cable channel change.

Hosting Services by ipHouse