The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Thursday June 17, 2010 at 13:10
zedmtrappe
Long Time Member
July 2008
On June 17, 2010 at 00:37, gopronto said...
I see the 2 areas in the house that require in wall

Bathrooms and Kitchin, may be the gym as well, may be outside entertainment area, Yatchs, O, thats more than 2 :)

Good point.

I have to say that my position on this is biased by the fact that in my market I (unfortunately) have no premiership footballers or russian oligarch's etc and as such have never worked on a yacht or provided anything more advanced than music and Aquavision TV's in those types of areas!

On June 17, 2010 at 04:22, djsmallz said...
I don't agree with this reasonning, why does crestron, c4, rti have inwalls ..why not pronto? Bet you'll say why shouldn't they have a processor too?

OK, well let's suppose there is a market for an in-wall controller - and you could well be right.

My argument is: TSW9500 isn't it!

Take this as an example (an in-wall IPAD dock)

Using this you could have checked your emails, fired up your multiroom audio, and bought tickets for tonights concert.... all in the same amount of time it would have taken the Pronto device to have booted up that dreadful Sonos module!

I should mention that I have a keen interest in the success of Pronto - from a business point of view it is a nice product - reasonable margin plus decent programming fees and tends to bring in extra work too, so it's all good...... except it's getting towards the point where for the price it's just NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

It is, after all; 3+ year old technology - which is too long really - newer devices are making it look dated.

That is why it's so disappointing that this latest product offers no improvement. 

Hosting Services by ipHouse