The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Wednesday June 16, 2010 at 18:21
zedmtrappe
Long Time Member
July 2008
On June 16, 2010 at 17:46, gopronto said...
Hi zedmtrappe

If you could put custom covers on the TSW9500, ed. Glass or marbel or stainlesssteel

Would this be better?

IMO - not really!

My position on this is: is there even a need for this product?

I ask this because I have a NuVo & a Sonos system on demo - and without exception my clients have no interest in the NuVo system because they do not want keypads in the wall more than that - and they certainly much prefer the idea of browsing & selecting tracks from a portable device (and let's face it the NuVo remote is utter sh*te !)

So what are people going to use this in-wall pronto for?

Browsing music? - maybe but as mentioned not as desirable as a portable solution.

Changing TV channels? - come off it! we'd advanced from getting up out our seats to change channels by the late 70's !!

Checking the weather? - maybe once . (and occasionalywhen you want to show it off to your friends.)

Controlling lighting? - BINGO! but, er.... it's a it of an over-elaborate solution to switching lights on and off isn't it...? :-)

Don't get me wrong, I think a Pronto in a Polar Bear wall dock is good - best of both worlds (or it would be if the pronto was more advanced for the ££)... but this..... I'm not convinced.

Just look at what Philips are facing now - they release this wall dock just after Apple release the Ipad - and for roughly the same cost - yet the Ipad is infinitely more desirable & certainly more capable - and like it or not, the Ipad et al will be the defacto method of control for home entertainment etc in the very near future - and this (philips in-wall) will be a very hard sell in the face of it.

Like I said, if they'd released this 3 years ago it would have a place in the market.

All of this of course JMHO - YMMV etc etc :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse