Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday May 5, 2010 at 09:38
smokinghot
August 2006
On May 4, 2010 at 18:38, Anthony said...
well the reason that good shots is important is that you decided to use shots on nets to make a point that was invalid.

As for why is good shots important, I will use two arguments

1) let's say for some reason I am at the blue line and I am taking shots on an open net, being talent less at hockey, of my 10 shots 4 hit the post and don't go in while the other 6 just go wide. How would my 10 (or 4 since the other 6 might not be counted) prove that air was a great goalie?

In field hockey, ice hockey, box lacrosse, or soccer, a shot on goal is a shot that will enter the goal if it is not stopped by the goaltender. A shot on goal must result in either a goal or a save.

Every goal and every save count as shots on goal. This leads to an exception to the definition of a shot on goal. If the ball or puck hits the goal post or crossbar, ricochets off the goaltender, and into the net, it is a goal, and therefore a shot on goal, with the exception of NHL or ice hockey. However, had the goaltender not been present, the shot in question would not have resulted in a goal, and therefore would not be counted as a shot on goal.

In the NHL, a shot that is deflected wide or blocked before it reaches the goaltender is not counted as a shot on goal.

So no, according to the rules it proves you're a horrible shot.

Plus all of this misses one key point, no matter how great a goalie and how many saves unless the rest of the team scores some points the team can’t win.

Granted, but it certainly helps a weak offensive team when they only have to score one or maybe two times a game, to get the win.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse