The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 57 made on Tuesday May 4, 2010 at 20:04
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
With my RFX9400 extenders in Stand-Alone mode this issue is all, but resolved and the one time it did happen in Stand-Alone mode I was able to immediately recover from it. Choosing "OK" to the message was all I had to do. The remote returned to normal operation at that point. While running my extenders in Network Mode however, this issue happens frequently. Only a reset of the remote allows me to recover. When the message comes up choosing "OK" simply clears the messages for a split second where it them comes right back up. I'm simply unable to recover and if it happened during a repeating action like increasing the volume of my receiver the volume will continue to increase unless I run over the receiver and physically hold the volume knob to keep it from moving though at that point I have no choice obviously, but to power off the receiver. This issue happens for non-repeating actions as well, though more often for repeating actions. Don't have the remote firmware version I'm running handy (is the one a few back that addresses a memory leak issue), but the release prior to the one I'm using is when this issue first appeared for me. I've reverted to the prior firmware and have been unable to replicate the issue, so it's definately a firmware issue in my opinion. Should also note that I'm using PEP v1.1.20, not PEP v2.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse