The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday April 26, 2010 at 02:11
jazzman
Founding Member
December 2001
I haven't had any issues for about 5 years. I have an amplified coupler in my breaker box (I think it's the standard fare Leviton black box unit) and and a Boosterlinc plugged in up in my loft where I have the most computer gear operating. The Boosterlinc I believe is more of a real-time amplifier while the coupler is some sort of old school repeater, and they function together real well. My friends have been constantly changing technologies in their homes. I don't see the need. I use good old X-10 transmitters, load controllers and a JDS central control. I use an IR543 for each room (different house codes) so the JDS unit knows where I am and what I want done. My URC remotes typically only output a single letter code and the JDS completes the lighting command so I only need put my finger on the dimmer button after that if I need too. I have mostly Leviton DHC button transmitters where the light switches used to be and PCS Scenemaster dimmers located either centrally or near the actual loads out of site. If you have any loose wires behind your switches, or physical strain on wire nuts, ect, it can impede the x-10 signal from that point on. You just have to keep pecking away at it or.........change technologies I guess.

Hosting Services by ipHouse