The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday April 25, 2010 at 15:36
Radie8
Lurking Member
April 2010
I use the Bose headphones and not only are they clearly marked right and left, they cannot be worn backwards...I aready tried that. They are anatomically designed and if you turn them around it literally feels like you've got your head on backwards.....

I even took the headphones partially apart to see if there was an easy "plug and replug" for the leads but it didn't look particularly easy. Also, doing that only treats the "symptoms" and does not cure the underlying disease. Then any other audio source , like iPod etc, would be backwards in the headphones. Rewiring the headphone extension might a very good idea, since the backwards extension could be removed for other audio sources. I think I could easily do that myself.

To answer another question from above, there's a "headphone out" jack on the Samsung that can not be reversed. It's a typical jack, 3mm or 5mm, whatever. And since I'm using HDMI there are no right or left plugs like on the old RCA analog cables.

Also..I'm not sure if every single channel is backwards. Lots of channels just don't have source material originally recorded with all that much stereo separation. Since there is literally no other way to do the connections ( cable co-axial to cable box then HDMI connect to TV ) I'm certain it's the source. It might be the cable company, or all the way back to HBO, I'm wouldn't know.

Also, when I watch a BluRay disc, the right left direction is correct.

Thanks everyone for the input...
Radie8

Hosting Services by ipHouse