The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday April 25, 2010 at 12:21
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 22, 2010 at 14:58, Radie8 said...
I'm new at this...hopefully I'm in the right spot for help

I've got cable service from Time Warner. I have a Samsung 58" Plasma HDTV (PN58A550)

Very simple set up, TW coaxial signal to HD DVR then HDMI connection to HDTV.

I don't use a separate AV receiver, etc. I almost always use headphones. I run the headphones directly out of the HDTV. I use headphones because I like headphones and because regular speakers running through an AV receiver at any decent volume in my environment would cause problems with roommates etc.

Here's the problem: the right left sound channels are reversed. So when someone enters a room from stage right for example, and all the actors look that way, the sound of the door closing and the footsteps is from the other side of the screen.

Cars, trucks traveling across the screen go left to right, the sound goes right to left. Bombs explode on the right, sound comes from the left, etc etc

It seems obvious to me I'm getting the channels reversed from Time Warner's signal.

Now obviously, life is great if this is my big problem for the day, but it's annoying to be paying for hi def picture and sound and have something so backwards.

Also it's sad that a lot of people don't even notice and therefore don't complain.

I called TW cable and they quickly said "too bad, we can't / won't fix it"

There is no way to switch channels on the HDTV. There is no setting to change in Time Warners cable box set up.

Any suggestions??

Don't take this personally, but are your headphones marked for L and R channel? Some are, some aren't and some that are, make it hard to see and it can wear off. Have the phone cups come off of the headpiece? Did your roommates swap them for you?

It's what roommates do.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse