The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday April 17, 2010 at 13:20
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
I own 6 of the Sony DVP-CX985V changers myself. Haven't started using the 6th one yet. Have 24 slots left in the 5th changer. In any event, in my TSU9600 configuration file I have one activity dedicated to selecting the given DVD changer that I'd like to use. Example pic below.

Once making my selection the appropriate macro is run based on the current power states of my equipment where I'm then taken to my activity for controlling the DVD changers. Alternatively, I can tap the image of the DVD changer to load the DVD changer that was last in use. This is very handy if I want to resume watching a DVD, but forget which changer it was in. If ProntoScript is unable to determine the DVD changer last in use the below message is displayed instead.

One activity is then used for controlling all 6 DVD changers. This activity consists of only one page. The one page has 4 possible button configurations which can be displayed with only one button configuration being displayed on the page at any given time. Using ProntoScript I am also able to control which button configuration is initially displayed on the page. Example pics below.

Default button configuration:

Default button configuration with lighting integration enabled:

Keypad button configuration:

Keypad button configuration with lighting integration enabled:

Note also the label in the top left corner of the screen calling out which DVD changer is selected. This label is populated by ProntoScript. When initially selecting the given DVD Changer activity a Global Variable is used to store the value of the selected changer prior to the activity macro being run. This value is then used to populate the label shown above.

As for the sending of IR commands to the changers...
In my case I have all 6 changers set to Command Mode 1. I'm then using a Xantech RT8 Addressable IR Router (which I purchased from Lyndel actually) for independent control of each changer. This simplifies things with respect to my configuration file a great deal. If I were using all three Command Modes instead I would end up having to duplicate the activity for controlling the changers at least twice. One activity for each Command Mode. Yes, I could use ProntoScript to still keep things to one activity, but I refuse to use ProntoScript per the executing of an action list which contains only a single IR command. I avoid this at all costs, hence the reason I would use separate activities for each Command Mode.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 13:30.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse