Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday April 16, 2010 at 22:39
LewK
Long Time Member
November 2006
Guy, thanks for the quick reply!

The a option you mention is what I basically have in my PEP1 project.

The only other possibility I've thought of is to reconfigure my RXF9400 and change the port depending on which changer is selected. That would at least let all of the Sony's work properly since I could set them all to use the same code set, and the different ports would address the different units. But then, I don't see a way to change the port on command either. :-(

If I'm understanding things correctly, the difference between b and c is largely whether or not the buttons are on separate on separate screens in 4 different activities or the buttons are basically all on one page and I switch between sets. That choice seems to be a case of 6 of one or half a dozen of the other. In one case the look is harder to maintain but everything is clear and the only trick is selecting the correct activity (not hard but a lot of duplication of screen) while with the other case the look is easily maintained but it is harder to manage the buttons times 4 on a given page.

I suspect I'll go with b since it is so close to what I already have and so should be fairly easily transferred/copied from my old project. Do you see any particular advantage to c over b?

LewK

So near and yet so far!

LewK
A little nuts, but I'm single so I can usually get away with it.

:-D

Hosting Services by ipHouse