The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Saturday March 20, 2010 at 12:00
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On March 19, 2010 at 00:08, BillFromGI said...
With all respect to Wogster, what is done is done, and decided is decided. His post caused me to research all the various digital broadcast formats, causing my head to literally explode. South America vs North America vs Japan vs Russia/Europe/Australia.. . There are four standards out there, neither of which is perfect in its own right, but they/we choose the way we did and we have to live with it.. .

agree, it looks like he wants things to change just for the sake of changing them.

1) there is no such thing as too much BW, so why go from 6 to 3,who knows what the future will hold what if they start broadcasting in 4k instead of 1080p? and there are sub channels and nothing says the two networks sharing a channel need to be related so if you only need 3MW you can add an other service (here 44.1 is Fox and 44.2 is CW). Plus less compression is always good)

2) he talks about changing the Channel numbers, but there is a reason there are virtual and real channel numbers, the reason being that most people tend to know/remember channel # and not the callsign or letters, Most people don't tend to think CBS (network) even less WCAX (needed to look it up) but 3 (old channel number/ virtual number), it now moved to 22(real channel number) that used to be ABC. So why recreate the new numbers when they are for the most part useless?

now don't get me wrong, if it was possible to have one standadr for the world, then good. But the issue with that is that everyone completely changes or people get annoyed because why should theuy change more then others.

Hosting Services by ipHouse